Our client is an Engineering Design and Commissioning Company that is a leader in the data center space. They provide design, commissioning consulting and management expertise in Data Center / Mission Critical Facilities Space. They provide reliability, energy efficiency, sustainable design and LEED expertise when providing these consulting services for Enterprise, Colocation, and Hyperscale Data Center Projects. This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Assistant Project Manager - Data Center Design - Dallas, TX
The Assistant PM will be responsible for assisting the Onsite Project Manager of the project with all aspects of managing and leading the engineering and design of facility and building systems for Data Centers and other Critical Facilities Projects. Candidate will support overseeing all phases of project management / project delivery: design, quality control, staffing, budget management (P & L) while following Industry Best Practices. Candidate should possess an in-depth knowledge of the Client, which helps with the success into the overall project execution.
- Interface with clients to define project requirements. Establishes project work plan and deadlines
- Client Interface on projects; Manage client relationship / expectations with effective face to face, phone, and email communication
- Ability to manage multiple projects; Champion design reports; Produce engineering proposals (RFPs); Facilitate client meetings / presentations that meet the project's objectives
- Track progress of projects against goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets
- Generate reports, track project costs, financial forecasts as related to project status
- Monitor expenses to ensure they fall within the prescribed budget
- Manage project team by providing direction, monitoring effectiveness and providing leadership
- Work closely with other functional areas of the organization, project contractors, internal / external team members, customers and suppliers
- Understand / follow company policies and procedures
- Follow company strategy for market penetration
- Manage business development for new and future projects in the area
- Ability to manage a team of engineers and technical staff
- Hands on experience managing Data Centers / Critical Facilities Design Projects. Familiar with the design process of building systems for data center and mission critical projects required
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / or Architecture a MUST
- P.E. license / AIA - either have these certs or working towards it
- PMP certification a plus
- Experience managing engineering projects in the engineering consulting industry, A/E, MEP arena
- Project management experience in the Consulting Engineering Industry
- Client relationship / Client Management / Client Engagement / Business Development - creating RFPs
- Effective Communicator- emails, phone, meetings. Strong organizational, communication, and reporting skills
- Computer savvy / Microsoft Project, Excel. Ability to create complex reports, forecast modeling
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 16283783 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza LLC will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.