This opportunity is with an Global OEM provider of mission-critical precision cooling equipment. This firm provides a complete product line of Mechanical and HVAC equipment that are custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical facilities within the Enterprise, Colocation and Hyperscale Space. This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
HVAC Field Service Engineer – Charlotte, NC (multiple locations throughout east coast / relo available)
A fully competent HVAC Field Technician - Applies an intensive and diversified knowledge of complete HVAC start-up, testing and operations. Responsible for commissioning, maintaining, and providing emergency support on critical cooling units including but not limited to chillers, cooling towers, CRAC and CRAH units, air handler units, and other HVAC equipment at customers’ sites within their respective regional coverage area.
- Performs commissioning focused design reviews, prepares commissioning test procedures and reports, coordinates and oversees on-site testing.
- When not in field involved in preventive maintenance, emergency response, equipment start-up and/or field modification, candidate will occasionally train at the company’s headquarters testing equipment or rebuilding older systems
- Strong aptitude to master new product technologies, electrical schematics and product/controls integration
- Discuss technical support problems related to maintenance or operation of equipment. Candidates will participate in the development of Methods of Procedures (MOPs)
- Must provide OEM Authorized Services including: Product training, Diagnostics, Break/fix and BMS interface
- The technician must accurately report all quality assurance, installation and application deficiencies affecting warranty or unit performance.
- Consults with supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments
- Candidate will be home based and when not traveling, assist other techs via phone support when not on the schedule
- Valid Driver's License / Clean driving record
- Preferably 7-15yrs + years’ experience in Data Center / Industrial or Commercial Industry and ability to troubleshoot down to component level on equipment such as chillers, cooling towers, and CRAC units
- Journeyman or Master HVAC License a HUGE plus
- Utilizes hand tools and test equipment to perform work
- Requires excellent verbal, written communication skills & customer relation skills
- Must be able to provide high level of quality customer service
- Must be able to complete Field Service Reports within a timely manner
- Requires knowledge of equipment manufacturer’s specifications
- Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiatives
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and excellent time management, customer service, etc
- Must be able to provide necessary pro-active recommendations to clients
- Candidate must be willing to work nights & weekends when necessary
- Knowledge of general computer hardware & software applications
- Previous 3rd Party HVAC experience a plus
- HVAC OEM factory training or experience in Trane, Liebert, Stulz, Carrier, York, and other major HVAC brands a MUST
- CFC / Type II EPA Universal Certification for handling / reclamation of refrigerants a HUGE plus
- OSHA10 Training
- Precision Cooling a plus
- Ultrasonic Humidification a huge plus!
- Technical degree a plus
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus (Navy Nukes- EMN, ETN, MMNs, Seabees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, Marines etc.)
Please send resumes to email@example.com (resume at pkaza dot com ) with 16283775 in the subject. If there is an interest one of our Recruiters will reach out to you regarding any questions and the next step in the process. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, http://jobs.pkaza.com . After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy.
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V