This job opportunity is with a market leader of Critical Power Services with a nationwide reach. This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits. This company provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical facilities offering Third Party Installs, Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of Mission Critical Equipment, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), DC Rectifiers, Generator Maintenance & Repair Services, Turnkey Electrical Solutions, DC Plant Services and Battery Services. They provide reliability and uptime of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations and government facilities including Enterprise Data Centers, Colocation Providers and Hyperscale Companies.
UPS Service Director - Seattle, WA
The UPS Service Director is responsible for managing all aspects of the critical power services for their assigned region(s). This position will team with multiple cross-functional departments to achieve the optimal functioning level for the company. The Director ensures complete operability at all times and will supervise the maintenance on UPS and other power systems equipment including battery tests and replacements and load bank testing. They will maintain the general shop organization and some intermittent travel is required to event sites for UPS equipment setup, operation, and disassembly.
- Manage / Direct the team of individuals responsible for the timely service for all customers to ensure full operability 24/7, ultimately increasing customer base
- Schedule procurement for all regions; keep timeline for project while remaining within budget, maintaining credit limit with vendors and tracking inventory
- Troubleshoot and diagnose UPS equipment malfunctions and failures
- Administer inventory control system and prepare equipment orders going out and track returning orders
- Prepare service reports and other custom checklists during repair, maintenance, recondition and troubleshooting of power systems equipment
- Training of company technicians and client personnel in UPS operation and maintenance
- Support the sales team by serving as the technical subject matter expert on critical power equipment and solution
- Create and modify installation and maintenance operational procedures for equipment
- Participate in meetings with clients and site visits to assist in quoting potential jobs and ensuring service is being performed at an optimal level
- Attend and actively participate in Company Shop Days to drive safety awareness
- Perform project site audits to ensure employees are performing tasks safely and are adhering to the NFPA70E & IEEE regarding battery handling & services
- Minimum of 5 years of UPS Power Systems, Battery technologies and Electronic Experience
- 2 years of previous experience managing a UPS field service team a plus!
- Requires excellent verbal, written communication skills & customer relation skills
- Requires knowledge of equipment manufacturer’s specifications
- Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiatives
- Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting of up to 50lbs during certain procedures
- Must be able to provide necessary pro-active recommendations to clients
- UPS OEM factory training or experience working in the field with: Emerson / Liebert / Vertiv ; APC / MGE / Schneider , or Eaton / Powerware / PDI , a huge plus!
- Distinction between I and II would consider, among other things: length of service, size of territory, technical experience, subject to COO discretion
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus (Navy nukes- EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, etc.)
- Travel typically is regional, but can be nationally if any emergencies arise
Please send your resume to: email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 16280320 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well!
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance and a 401(k) plan
Pkaza, LLC is a third-party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate