This job opportunity is with a market leader of Control Systems, BAS / BMS Solutions in Critical Facilities. This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits. They provide reliability, uptime, and custom-fit solutions for mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations including Enterprise Data Centers, Colocation Providers and Hyperscale Companies.
Controls Field Service Technician – Ashburn
- A fully competent Controls Field Technician - Applies an intensive and diversified knowledge of complete BMS / BAS, testing and operations. Responsible for commissioning, maintaining and providing emergency support on critical controls systems at customers’ sites within their respective regional coverage area
- Performs commissioning focused design reviews, prepares commissioning test procedures and reports, coordinates and oversees on-site testing
- When not in field involved in preventive maintenance, emergency response, equipment start-up and/or field modification, candidate will occasionally train at the company’s headquarters testing equipment or rebuilding older systems
- Discuss with technical support problems related to maintenance or operation of equipment
- Candidate will participate in the development of Methods of Procedures (MOPs)
- Consults with supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments
- Preferably 3-5+ years experience with BMS /BAS Controls
- Rockwell experience a MUST
- Experience with any of the following systems (JCI, Metasys, Siemens, Honeywell, Automated Logic, etc.)
- PLC / ALC Programming Experience
- Experience with critical hvac equipment (Chillers, Air Handlers, CRAC / CRAH units, Boilers, etc)
- Utilizes hand tools and test equipment to perform work
- Requires excellent verbal, written communication skills & customer relation skills
- Must be able to provide high level of quality customer service
- Must be able to complete Field Service Reports within a timely manner
- Requires knowledge of equipment manufacturer’s specifications
- Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiatives
- Must be able to provide necessary pro-active recommendations to clients
- Candidate must be willing to work nights & weekends when necessary
- Knowledge of general computer hardware & software applications
- Technical degree a plus
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus (Navy nukes- EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, etc.)
- This is a mobile position and will require travel in DC metro area
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 16121138 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance and a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is an employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by the employer that we represent and not by the candidate.