This opportunity is with a leading general contractor of data center construction services. This company provides a complete life cycle of solutions that are custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical facilities. They build mission-critical facilities for data center facilities nationwide for Enterprise, Colocation and Hyperscale Companies. This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Assistant Project Manager - Data Center Construction - Piscataway, NJ
We are looking for an Assistant Data Center Construction Project Manager to support critical facility construction projects. The Assistant Construction PM will be responsible to assist the Onsite Project Manager of the project with all aspects of managing a data center construction project. This will include providing leadership to contractors and vendors associated with the delivery of company projects. Project assignments for the most part will be regional.
The candidate will have overall responsibility for the delivery of assigned projects on budget on time and assurance that the project scope and quality meet company design standards and the objectives set for the project.
The successful candidate will have to be exceptionally organized and be great with back-office work (change orders, budgets, paperwork driven, etc.)
- Maintain liaison with various contractors and vendors in order to manage the day-to-day activities that impact the delivery of company’s critical facilities construction projects
- Ensure that all day-to-day project responsibilities are met by the contractors and vendors on the project
- Assist the PM with the management of multiple projects simultaneously when needed
- Assist with creating and managing project schedules
- Assist the PM with project plans – size up, costs, budget, scheduling, timeline, manage change orders, etc.
- Assists with reporting and RFPs to Contractors
- Deliver Built to Suit projects with a heavy emphasis on value-engineering
- Drive Company Standards uniformly as it regards to Project Delivery by all project participants on all projects
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income / expenses) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client
- Represent the company in project meetings
- Act as a Liaison with managers of all company departments
- Maintain all logs required to track the progress of the project
- Experience supporting Data Center Construction Projects as a General Contractor
- Minimum of 2-5 years relevant experience in the Data Center Construction Industry
- Client Facing / Client relationship / Client Management skills.
- Must be familiar with the design process of building systems for data center and mission critical projects
- Solid Construction Project Management experience
- Effective Communicator – emails, phone and face to face
- Ability to work independently
- Solid Admin skills
- Experience writing / following MOPs and SOPs for critical MEP systems a HUGE plus
- Experience with AutoDesk, REVIT, AutoCAD a HUGE plus
- Computer savvy: MS Project, P6 Primavera, Excel a plus
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus (Navy nukes- EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, Army National Guard, etc.)
Please send resumes to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 16115198 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third-party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.