Our client is a Leading NY Electrical Contractor that has a solid regional footprint in the NYC Metro area and specializes in Electrical Contracting, Critical Facilities Operations, and commissioning. They provide management expertise in the Critical Facilities Space when providing these consulting services for Enterprise, Colocation and Hyperscale Companies. This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and Union benefits.
Electrical Testing Field Technician – NETA New York, NY
As a fully competent Technician, will apply an intensive and diversified knowledge of complete start-up, field testing, commissioning and operations. Responsible for testing of electrical power equipment and Customer's locations throughout the NY Metro area. Performs test procedures and reports, coordinates and oversees on-site testing. When not in field involved in preventive maintenance, emergency response, equipment start-up and/or field modification, candidate will occasionally train at the company’s headquarters testing equipment. Discuss with technical support problems related to maintenance or operation of equipment. Candidate will participate in the development and or follow Methods of Procedures (MOPs). Consults with supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments.
- Preferably 2-6+ years’ experience in this field with knowledge and strong understanding of Mission Critical Equipment, specifically redundancy configurations and maintenance programs is required. Ability to troubleshoot down to component level on equipment such as UPS, batteries, PDU’s / Power Distribution Units, Static Automatic Transfer Switches, Branch Circuit Monitoring, Generators and other electrical equipment
- Must be able to write Method of Procedures (MOP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Emergency Operating Procedures (EOP)
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data of low, medium and high voltage (to 500kV) electrical systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering.
- Able to Perform: Instrument transformer testing ; Power transformer testing - Doble, TTR, Insulation Resistance, etc. ; Electro-mechanical and solid state relay testing ; Cable testing - Tan Delta, Power Factor, VLF, DC Hipot ; Automatic transfer switch troubleshooting ; Low, Medium and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
- Rotate emergency on-call duty and if called respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner
- Prefer experience with most of the following or similar: RTS or Protest relay testing, oil testing, infrared scanning, automatic transfer switching, performing start-up on switchgear up through 500kV class, VFD (variable frequency drives)
- OSHA 30 hour, MSHA, NFPA 70-E, CPR/First Aid/BBP/AED training
- Must be able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety procedures.
- Prefer NETA Certification (III or IV) or equivalent skills/experience to become NETA Certified
- Utilizes hand tools and test equipment to perform / calibrate work
- Must be able to complete Field Service Reports within a timely manner
- Requires knowledge of equipment manufacturer’s specifications
- UPS OEM factory training or experience in Liebert / Emerson, APC / MGE , Eaton / Powerware, Mitsubishi , Toshiba a plus
- Generator OEM factory training or experience in Generac, Kohler, Kubota, Caterpillar / CAT, Cummins a plus
- Min a HS Diploma / GED
- Technical Degree or Associate’s degree from an accredited 2 year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military - Electrical / Mechanical: Navy nukes - EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Prime Power, Air Force – Electrical Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, Army National Guard, etc.
- Ability to read and understand one-line drawings and schematics
- Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting between 50 -100lbs during certain procedures
- Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiatives
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with customers and peers.
- Dependable and responsible with good judgment and organizational skills.
- Good customer service, time management and follow-up skills.
- Must have general PC skills including email, internet, data entry and Microsoft Excel; experience with power monitoring software a plus.
- Must be able to provide necessary pro-active recommendations to clients
- Candidate must be willing to work nights & weekends when necessary
- Open to regional travel
- Clean driving record
- Shift is Tues- Sat , Day Shift with OT
- Union Based Position
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (resume at pkaza dot com) with 16111721 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance and a 401(k) plan.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third-party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by the employer that we represent and not by the candidate.