This opportunity is working directly with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations (Enterprise and Hyperscale Customers).This career-growth minded opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits.
Data Center Facility Technician
- San Jose, CA
NAVY NUCLEAR / NAVY NUKE / NAVY ELECTRICIAN / MACHINIST MATE PREFERRED
We are looking for a Navy Nuke - EMN, MMN, or ETN to transition into a Data Center Power / Cooling Systems Engineer to support critical data center clients. This Critical Facility Engineer will be responsible for creating, implementing and supporting critical power / cooling solutions for their customers’ equipment keeping compliance with contractual commitments, directing technical and administrative tasks related to the operation of the critical facility infrastructure and assuring compliance with company’s policies and procedures. The Data Center’s that they support are 24x7x365 a year operations which require solutions that create 99.999 % uptime. The experience of a Navy Nuke is uniquely transferable and can be applied to data center facility operation positions that equates to high salaries as well as leadership roles within the critical facilities market. New and exciting career opportunities await the select group of people who possess nuclear knowledge and know-how, gained through Navy training.
- Troubleshoot and Run Diagnostics, Conduct Preventive Maintenance and Emergency Repairs on Critical Facilities Equipment within the Data Center as specified and on schedule
- Participates in the preparation of analyses and reports on the data center infrastructure, develops project plans and conducts briefings and presentations
- Operate and perform annual service on a variety of state of the art critical systems, including but not limited to; medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, paralleling switchboards, UPS, PDU, mechanical heat rejection systems, computer room air handlers, fire detection/suppression and building monitoring systems
- Ensures that operational, maintenance and emergency methods of procedure (MOP’s and SOP’s) are developed and strictly adhered to
- Review schematics and one line diagrams in the event of servicing equipment within the facility
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus - Navy Nukes that were part of the Navy Nuke Program - EMN, ETN, MMNs; Seabees; Army - Power Generation; Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, etc.)
- Type of Navy Experience - Navy Nuke Trained / Naval Nuclear Training (will consider all military branches with technical MEP exp)
- EMN - Electricians Mate (Nuclear Trained)
- ETN - Electrical Technician (Nuclear Trained)
- MMN - Machinist Mate (Nuclear Trained)
- Relevant / technical knowledge and practical experience of Critical Facilities Operations with Electrical and Mechanical / HVAC equipment such as: UPS, Generators, Switchgears, PDU's, CRAC Units, DC Power Systems, CRAH Units, Chillers, Air handling units, computer grade cooling systems, CRAH Units, DC Power Systems, and building monitoring/control systems
- Must have experience in operating, troubleshooting and maintenance of Mission Critical (eg: Submarines) Mechanical and/or Electrical Support Systems
- Strong verbal, written communications skills
- Experience working with various computer systems and applications
- Data Center Facilities Operations Experience a plus
Please send your resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 16107323 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance and a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.