This job opportunity is with a market leader of Critical Power Services in the nation. This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits. This company provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical facilities. They offer Third Party Installs, Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of Mission Critical Equipment, UPS and Generator Maintenance & Repair Services, Turnkey Electrical Solutions, DC Plant Services and Battery Services. They provide reliability and uptime of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations and government facilities including Enterprise Data Centers, Colocation Providers and Hyperscale Companies.
Battery Technician - Ashburn, VA
The Battery Technician is responsible for installing, inspecting, servicing, and replacing batteries and chargers that are a component of commercial UPS power systems. These systems are designed for emergency back up power systems for data centers. This position is a field service role and will require local / regional travel to perform maintenance and inspection of commercial battery systems at our customers’ facility location. This is a home based job requiring extensive local travel on most days. This is a great entry level role for quick advancement in the high demand field for industrial electrical power products and services.
- Provides technical assistance to customers in the installation, removal, testing, start-up, maintenance, and modifications of batteries and chargers
- Utilizes hand tools and test equipment to perform work
- Review test data from current and historical battery test results to determine failures and generate reports
- Must be able to complete Field Service Reports within a timely manner
- Requires knowledge of equipment manufacturer’s specifications
- Maintain asset detail information related to battery systems within a database management system
- Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiatives
- Must be able to communicate necessary pro-active recommendations to clients
- Abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions, and safety rules
- Provides accurate and timely reporting of job schedules, project completion, and expense reports
- Participate in the development of Methods of Procedures (MOPs) as it relates to the installation and preventive maintenance of battery systems
- Communicate daily with your supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments
- Installation/service experience for DC power and related equipment, material coordination, site layout, troubleshooting, and safety management within the DC power industry
- Understanding and experience working with the following battery types to include VRLA, VLA (flooded cell) and Lithium Ion batteries
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record is required.
- Candidate must be willing to work nights & weekends when necessary
- Knowledge of general computer hardware & software applications
- Requires excellent verbal, written communication skills & customer relation skills
- Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting of up to 50 lbs during certain procedures
- Previous 3rd Party UPS experience a plus
- UPS OEM factory training or experience working in the field with: Emerson / Liebert / Vertiv ; APC / MGE / Schneider , or Eaton / Powerware / PDI , a Plus!
- Technical degree a (DeVry, Lincoln Tech ) a plus
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus (Navy nukes- EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, etc.)
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 16106351 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
Pkaza. LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.