This opportunity is with a leading general contractor of data center construction services. This company provides a complete life cycle of solutions that are custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical facilities. This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits. They build mission-critical facilities for data center facilities nationwide for Enterprise, Colocation and Hyperscale Companies.
Data Center Construction Project Manager - Ashburn, VA
We are looking for a Data Center Construction Project Manager to support critical facility construction projects - Greenfield and Brownfield. The Construction PM will be responsible for all aspects of managing a data center construction project including Civil, Structural and MEP. This will include providing leadership to contractors and vendors associated with the delivery of company projects. Project assignments for the most part will be regional. The candidate will have overall responsibility for the delivery of assigned projects on budget on time and assurance that the project scope and quality meet Company Design Standards and the objectives set for the project. The successful candidate will have to be exceptionally organized and be great with back office work (change orders, budgets, paperwork driven, etc.)
- Maintain liaison with various contractors and vendors in order to manage the day to day activities that impact the delivery of company’s critical facilities construction projects
- Ensure that all day to day project responsibilities are met by the contractors and vendors on the project
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously. Assist the Senior Project Manager in negotiating contracts with vendors as necessary. Responsible for creating and managing project schedules
- Put together Project plans – size up, costs, budget, scheduling , timeline, manage change orders, etc.
- Assists with reporting and RFPs to Contractors
- Deliver Built to Suit projects with a heavy emphasis on value-engineering
- Drive Company Standards uniformly as it regards to Project Delivery by all project participants on all projects
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income / expenses) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client
- Represent the company in project meetings
- Act as key Liaison with managers of all company departments
- Maintain all logs required to track the progress of the project
- Experience managing Data Center Construction Projects as an Owner or as a General Contractor
- Minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience in the Data Center Construction Industry
- Experience working on projects involving Civil and Structural
- Experience working on PreCast / Core and Shell Construction
- Manage builds / budgets ranging from 25m to 200m
- Experience with both greenfield and brownfield construction projects
- BA / BS / Associates Degree a plus
- Client Facing / Client relationship / Client Management skills
- Must be familiar with the design process of building systems for data center and mission critical projects
- Solid Construction Project Management experience
- Effective Communicator – emails, phone and face to face
- Ability to work independently
- Travel as needed to project sites
- Solid Admin skills
- Computer savvy: MS Project, Excel, Oracle Primavera P6, AutoCAD a plus
- Previous experience in the Military / Military Veterans a huge plus! Experience with Electrical / Mechanical: Navy nukes - EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, Army National Guard, etc.
Qualified candidates can send their resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with15985358 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance and a 401(k) plan
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.