This opportunity is working directly with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations and government facilities supporting Enterprise Clients, Colocation Providers and Hyperscale Companies.
Colocation Design Engineer - Ashburn, VA
Our client is looking for a Data Center Colocation Design Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidates will be responsible for engineering functions in support of customer acquisition and the white space design and installation of cabinets, cages, power, backbone communication cables & panel. They will support the sales team as needed while serving as the subject matter expert on all data center products, services and solutions such as whitespace, Cabling, and Electrical Infrastructure as it pertains to the IT side of the house. Ideal candidate will possess extensive experience in the Mission Critical Data Center / Facilities Marketplace, Cabling, Electrical, and Network experience.
- Background in Capacity Planning – cabinets, racks, power strips, connectivity, structured cabling, telecom and network deployment
- Support pre sales and product teams with technical solutions and RFP responses
- Preliminary design, presentation and evaluation of customer solutions
- Respond to pre-sales requests, including preliminary drawings
- Create layout drawings and all supporting infrastructure using AutoCAD within the colo space that is being utilized
- Advise on equipment selection that meets customer specifications standards and that of our company
- Work with Facility Operations and Capacity Planning teams to determine sellable space and power at colocation sites
- Experience putting together technical presentations and act as the technical resource during the Sales process
- Maintain current ‘as built’ drawings of all sites in assigned region
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents
- 5-10 years of experience designing data center cooling systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- PE a plus; LEED a plus
- Experience working with Mechanical Systems ( HVAC, CFD (Fluid Dynamics), Boilers, Chillers, Pumps, CRAC / CRAH Units, Air Handling Units, etc.
- Technical writing experience and proficiency
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Experience reviewing work in REVIT; Trane Trace or IES VE Energy Modeling software
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills needed for client interface
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus (Navy Nukes- EMN, ETN, MMNs, Seabees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, etc.)
Qualified candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15959249 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance and a 401(k) plan.
EOE / AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by the employer that we represent and not by the candidate.