This job opportunity is with a company that is a Leader in Third Party Installs, Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of Mission Critical Equipment - Uninterruptible Power Supply ( UPS ), Batteries - Lithium Ion, DC Rectifiers. Their Service Offering supports Critical Facilities / Data Centers for the Hyperscale, COLO, and Enterprise Data Center Market.
Battery Technician - Ashburn, VA
The Battery Technician is responsible for installing, inspecting, servicing, and replacing batteries and chargers that are a component of commercial UPS power systems. These systems are designed for emergency back up power systems for data centers. This position is a field service role and will require local / regional travel to perform maintenance and inspection of commercial battery systems at our customers’ facility location. This is a home based job requiring extensive local travel on most days. This is a great entry level role for quick advancement in the high demand field for industrial electrical power products and services.
- Provides technical assistance to customers in the installation, removal, testing, start-up, maintenance, and modifications of batteries and chargers
- Utilizes hand tools and test equipment to perform work
- Review test data from current and historical battery test results to determine failures and generate reports
- Must be able to complete Field Service Reports within a timely manner
- Requires knowledge of equipment manufacturer’s specifications
- Maintain asset detail information related to battery systems within a database management system
- Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiatives
- Must be able to communicate necessary pro-active recommendations to clients
- Abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions, and safety rules
- Provides accurate and timely reporting of job schedules, project completion, and expense reports.
- Technical graduate of a two year accredited technical school or 2-3 years of experience in the DC power field / industry.
- Installation/service experience for DC power and related equipment, material coordination, site layout, troubleshooting, and safety management within the DC power industry
- Understanding and experience working with the following battery types to include VRLA, VLA (flooded cell) and Lithium Ion batteries
- Participate in the development of Methods of Procedures (MOPs) as it relates to the installation and preventive maintenance of battery systems.
- Communicate daily with your supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments.
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record is required.
- Candidate must be willing to work nights & weekends when necessary
- Knowledge of general computer hardware & software applications
- Requires excellent verbal, written communication skills & customer relation skills
- Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting of up to 50 lbs during certain procedures
- Previous experience in the Military / Military Veterans a huge plus! Experience with Electrical / Mechanical: Navy nukes - EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, Army National Guard, etc.
Please send your resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15923270 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.