This opportunity is with a company that is a Leader in Load Bank Testing and Commissioning Solutions of HVAC, Mechanical and Electrical Equipment in the Critical Facilities Environment. This opportunity provides a career-growth minded role with exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation as well as competitive salaries and benefits. Their Service Offering supports Critical Facilities / Data Centers for the Hyperscale, COLO, and Enterprise Data Center Market.
HVAC / Mechanical Technician - Larchmont, NY
A fully competent HVAC Mechanical Technician applies an intensive and diversified knowledge of complete HVAC start-up, testing and operations. Responsible for maintaining and providing emergency support on critical cooling units including but not limited to chillers, cooling towers, CRAC and CRAH units, air handler units, and other HVAC equipment onsite primarily at HQ and occasionally at customers’ sites within regional area. Will be involved in preventive maintenance, emergency response, equipment start-up. Candidate will train at the company’s headquarters testing equipment or rebuilding older systems. Discuss with technical support problems related to maintenance or operation of equipment. Consults with supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments.
- Check-in rental equipment upon return/termination of rental to ensure all equipment is returned in satisfactory condition
- Perform Preventative maintenance on rental equipment to include operations and appearance
- Maintain cable inventory to include inspection of condition/testing/repairs if needed and ensuring all cables are kept in a clean & orderly condition
- Perform testing on rental equipment to ensure that the equipment is available and ready-to-rent at all times
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment found to not be operating as intended
- Travel to customer sites to troubleshoot and repair problematic rental equipment in the field
- Travel to customer sites to troubleshoot, repair and maintain customer owned equipment
- Fill in and maintain test documents/reports
- Maintain shop and storage areas in a neat, clean and orderly condition
- Deliver and pick-up equipment as needed
- Assist customers as needed to ensure that rentals run as smooth as possible
- Maintain all shop equipment in good, safe working order
- Assist with shop projects which will include but are not limited to fabrication of new equipment and upgrades to existing equipment
- Load and unload rental equipment on company vehicles, customer vehicles, and 3rd party carrier vehicles
- Assist in design and fabrication but not limited to accessories, cable sets, pigtails enclosures and shipping cages
- Assist in quality control and safety programs
- Must be RELIABLE!!!!
- Preferably 2-6+ years’ experience in HVAC field and ability to troubleshoot down to component level on equipment such as CRAC, CRAH, Air Handlers, Chillers, Cooling Towers, etc
- Possess general knowledge of experience working with electrical equipment a plus: UPS, batteries, PDU’s / Power Distribution Units, Static Automatic Transfer Switches, Branch Circuit Monitoring, and other electrical equipment
- Must be able to understand one line drawings and schematics
- Must understand Electrical / Mechanical Theory
- Journeyman or Master HVAC License a HUGE plus
- HVAC OEM factory training or hands on experience in Trane, Liebert, Stultz, and other major HVAC brands a MUST
- Experience with Liebert DX units a HUGE plus
- CFC / EPA Universal Certification a HUGE plus
- Utilizes hand tools and test equipment to perform work
- Must be able to provide high level of quality customer service
- Requires knowledge of equipment manufacturer’s specifications
- Ability to work independently and resourceful
- Knowledge of general computer hardware & software applications
- Requires excellent verbal, written communication skills & customer relation skills
- Have a high school diploma / Technical degree a plus
- Be able to fill out logs/test sheets
- Be willing to travel on occasion to job sites to perform work.
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus (Navy nukes- EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, etc.)
Please send your resume to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15861428 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance and a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.