Our client offers design, construction and managed infrastructure services for conventional, hyperscale and edge data centers. They design / build, service, monitor and maintain complex data center environments for data centers and other mission critical facilities for over 35 years and they have a nationwide reach.
Construction Safety Manager - Marlborough, MA
- Implement construction safety standards and practices including but not limited to; safety management systems, training, risk assessments and applicable safety regulations
- Experience managing high-risk activities including electrical safety, excavation, fall protection, material handling and crane operations
- A background working with specific trades such as electricians, ironworkers, pipefitters etc. and understanding the complexities of multi-employer worksites
- Comfortable communicating and problem solving with sub-contractors and experience training on construction safety topics with a wide variety of trades is required
- Maintain adequate safety record keeping (OSHA 310 Form) in regard to accidents and injuries
- Keep well informed on new regulations (OSHA, NFPA, EPA, DOT) and develop initial recommendations for their implementation
- Able to coach, train and educate field employees on electrical safety requirements for AC and DC, Arc Flash and authorized hot work permits as needed
- Work with leaders, staff, and contractors at all levels to implement effective solutions
- Plan, coordinate and attend weekly toolbox talks and monthly safety meetings and scheduled classroom training
- Ensure ongoing Company Wide State, Federal, Local and Customer compliance with regard to internal policies and procedures, HAZMAT, hazardous waste, and all aspects of Safety
- Bachelor’s degree in a Safety or related discipline. Experienced tradesperson with past safety responsibilities will also be considered
- A minimum of 5+ years of safety experience in the construction industry, preferably with data center construction or large projects
- OSHA Authorized Instructor preferred
- Familiar with 3rd party EHS auditing portals, such as ISNetworld, Browz, and Avetta
- Able to drive to work site locations with a clean driving record
- Basic understanding of 5S, Lean/Six Sigma is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Qualified candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15151459 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza LLC will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.