This opportunity is with a leader of mission-critical data center colocation / interconnection facilities. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical carrier neutral colo facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations.
Data Center Controls Commissioning – SME (Subject Matter Expert)
- Conduct critical facilities Operations and Maintenance (O&M) program analysis and reporting
- Design Critical Environment Programs for both internal and external clients
- Manage all controls vendors to ensure compliance with company guidelines and policies
- Work in Managed Services environment troubleshooting both off site and onsite of equipment
- Act as Subject Matter Expert ( SME ) for all Controls BMS / BAS
- Oversee Mechanical Controls Programming (such as Niagara) / Audits as it pertains to water / air cooled chiller systems
- Program code as needed for equipment across the data center portfolio of the organization
- Oversee all change management and controls system upgrades while maintaining 100% uptime on all existing equipment
- Coordinate with Design/Construction Teams
- Review commissioning process for new construction and retrofits as it pertains to control processes and SOPS
- Assess, recommend and implement industry best practices into new and existing Critical Environment Programs
- Take ownership of all QC / Quality Control of hardware installs
- Provide feedback to senior management for the continuous improvement of the Critical Environments program
- Repair and Troubleshoot controls systems and hardware (relays, controllers, etc)
- Develop process documentation and training materials
- 6-10 years of data center facility operations and maintenance experience.
- Bachelors in Engineering a Huge Plus
- Data Center Controls Commissioning Experience
- Experience with Siemens and Niagara Controls required
- 5 years leadership experience in data center facility operations.
- 5-10 years with of BMS / BCM / BAS Systems ( Building monitoring systems / building control systems / Building Automation Systems - SCADA, Cimplicity, ALC , Metasys )
- Previous experience working on Controls Products from companies such as: Johnson Controls / JCI ; Siemens ; Automated Logic ; Honeywell ; GE Control Systems ; Schneider Electric ; Rockwell Automation ; Allerton ; Niagara / Tridium
- Experience with managing the design and installation of a Controls System at a Data Center Colo
- Ability to read and audit one-lines / blueprints / CAD drawings and controls diagrams
- Data Center Capital Project experience a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good presentation skills
- Superior analytical, planning and problem resolution skills
- Highly organized with proved project management abilities
- Self manage / work autonomously
- 25% travel is required
Qualified candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15114784 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by the employer that we represent and not by the candidate.