This opportunity is with a leading mission-critical data center managed services provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations and government facilities supporting Enterprise Clients, Colocation Providers and Hyperscale Companies.
Lead Data Center Facility Engineer - Park Ridge, NJ
- Assist in managing both routine and emergency service on a variety of state-of-the-art critical systems such as: medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, CRAC / CRAH, computer room air handlers, fire detection / suppression; building monitoring systems – BAS and BMS; etc.
- Troubleshoot and run diagnostics, conduct preventive maintenance and emergency repairs on critical facilities equipment within the Data Center as specified and on schedule
- Supervise the on-site management of sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work is performed according to established practices and procedures
- Assist with the preparation of analyses and reports on the data center infrastructure, develops project plans and conducts briefings and updates the Critical Facilities Manager
- Manage local client relationship and act as the point of contact for the company at this site
- Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance
- Work with IT managers and other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency
- Create, utilize and administer MOPs and SOPs for all work on critical facilities / data center facility equipment
- Schedule work activities, within specified change control / management protocol
- Maintain a constant state of readiness in support of the mission goal of 99.999% uptime
- Assist with CMMS database management
- 7-10+ years of data center / critical facility operations and maintenance experience
- Solid Understanding of Critical Power, Electrical Power Systems and Equipment - UPS, Generators, Switchgears, PDU's, and Mechanical equipment - Air handling units, CRAC, CRAH, Chillers, HVAC, computer grade cooling systems, DC Power Systems, and building monitoring / control systems – BAS / BMS
- Experience supervising or managing a technical staff (Critical facilities technicians)
- Certifications / training in either Electrical or Mechanical Designations
- Experience working with Electrical or Mechanical Trades a plus
- Previous experience interfacing and supporting Customers
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Previous experience in the Military / Military veterans in all branches that have experience with Electrical / Mechanical is a huge plus (Navy nukes- EMN, ETN, MMNs, SeaBees, Army - Power Generation, Air Force – Power Production, Generator Techs, Maritime, Coast Guard, etc.)
- Experience working with various computer systems and applications, CMMS Inventory tracking
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 15114247 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.