This opportunity is a leading provider of mission-critical data center infrastructure solutions. This firm provides a complete life cycle of solutions that are custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical facilities. They provide cable infrastructure installation and other telecommunication solutions for data center facilities nationwide.
Cable Technician - Data Center
Our client is looking for a Data Center Cable Technician to support the installation, repair and maintenance of cable infrastructure at their customers data center and telecommunications sites.
- Install fiber and copper low voltage cable from point A to point B
- Ability to understand basic wiring diagrams and installation instructions.
- Complete and submit basic paperwork (timecards, material forms, etc.) according to company policies and procedures.
- Understands, adheres to, and promotes the Environmental, Health & Safety policies of the company
- Attend classes and training sessions, as requested by management, to obtain and maintain vendor certifications
- Ability to properly terminate and test fiber optic cable (SM and MM)
- Terminate and Test 4pr Cat 6 and higher cable
- Troubleshoot patching for fiber and copper
- Install network equipment as directed
- Relocate cabling and existing network equipment
- Install cable tray and fiber raceway as directed
- 2-5 years of relevant experience with mechanical, telecommunications and electrical equipment with emphasis on cable infrastructure
- Any relevant education / certifications / technical schools – Computer networking, Stationary Engineer License, Military Experience ( Navy Nukes, Seabees, AF, Marines, Army, and Coast Guard) a plus!
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be a self starter, proactive, flexible, and able to work within and meet deadlines
- BICSI certification is a plus
- Ability to pass pre-employment screening
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work from heights such as man lifts, scissor lifts & roof tops utilizing proper fall protection
Qualified candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 14602486 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.