This opportunity is with a leading mission-critical data center colo managed services provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations.
Note: Only applicants who are authorized to work for any US Employer will be considered, no sponsorship.
Critical Facility IT Engineer - Denver, CO
We are looking for a Data Center IT Engineer to support a critical data center. The Critical Facility IT Engineer will be responsible for monitoring compliance with contractual commitments, directing technical and administrative tasks related to the operation of the critical facility infrastructure and assuring compliance with company’s policies and procedures. The IT Engineer is also responsible for monitoring the facility’s Critical Systems, ensuring that any points of failure are recognized and corrected at the earliest possible moment. They will be the POC – Point of Contact for the Company’s customers when they are in need of assistance. The Data Center is a 7x24x365 a year operation.
- Provide onsite professional services support to deploy and configure new systems and service existing systems through racking/stacking/cabling/troubleshooting of windows servers, network devices, etc.
- Perform hands-on and virtual support to remote teams and customers
- Asset audits and other data center support needs as needed
- Participates in the preparation of analyses and reports on the data center infrastructure, supports project plans, track equipment inventory, etc.
- Perform routine tests / Troubleshoot Cabling Infrastructure / Circuits (Cat5, T1, E1, T3, etc)
- Cabling and terminating cross connects across various mediums. Cross Connect installations / Home Run Cabling (Single and Multi Mode Fiber, Coax and Cat5); Equipment Rack and Stack
- Knowledge of Ethernet, T-1, DS-3 and fiber termination, testing procedures, troubleshooting, and test equipment (such as Fluke IQ qualification tester, JDSU T-Berd and EXFO)
- Ensures that operational, maintenance and emergency methods of procedure (MOP’s and SOP’s) are strictly adhered to
- Building cage solutions based on the customers requested footprint; Install overhead cable tray, cages, racks and equipment
- Receive and track materials staging them in the correct location.
- Diagnose and repair various network, software, and operating system configuration issues
- Install and remove server, network, and infrastructure equipment
- Familiar with inside plant cabling tools, power tools, ticketing systems, and escalation procedures
- Knowledge of BICSI standards and cable management techniques
- Knowledge of Multiplexor, Sonet, Media Convertor, Ethernet switches and DWDM systems
- Responsible to pull, terminate, document and test copper and fiber circuits
- Complete work orders and customer service requests in a timely manner
- Manage and oversee contractors/vendors working in the data center and critical areas
- Update and maintain corporate asset management system with all moves, adds, and changes
- Communicate with customers via email, telephone, and corporate ticketing system
- Perform daily walkthroughs of the environment to check for system faults and escalate
- Cable infrastructure and hosts per industry guidelines
- Provide day-to-day customer support on all hardware/network related issues such as service request, network alarms, and deployments
- Create policy and procedure for IT related tasks
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in a Data Center
- Familiar with enterprise data center environment cabling standards and quality control (BICSI, RCDD, etc)
- Understanding of data center infrastructure systems and various requirements
- Able to perform equipment installations and loading dock duties
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience with Dell servers
- Hands on Cisco and Juniper network devices
- Desired Certifications: Server +, A+, Net+ , Dell and BICSCI
- Experience terminating CAT5/CAT6 copper cabling and knowledge of multi-mode and single-mode cabling usage.
- Client Facing /Client relationship / Client Management skills. Effective Communicator – emails, phone and face to face.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a self starter, proactive, flexible, and able to work within and meet deadlines.
- Computer Savy - Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience working with Windows Server 2003 and 2008
- Diagnostic Experience with network, operating system, and component failure issues
- Basic understanding of network principles
- Functional Knowledge of server, network, and infrastructure technology
- Must have the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work shifts to support 24×7 data center operation, and flexibility in work hours to cover other shifts
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 14240861 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.