Data Center IT Manager - Denver, CO
We are looking for a Data Center IT Manager to support the IT operations and corporate network infrastructure at our client’s Colocation data centers nationwide. This will include optimizing all network hardware, software (IOS), and communication links as well as the design, installation, configuration and maintenance of these systems. This Candidate will be responsible for a team of Data Center Support Engineers who will maintain IT systems as well as customer Remote Hands support. You will be responsible for developing implementation plans with customers and executing to meet specified deadlines and expectations.
- Prioritize customer IT requests and delegation of tasks to the team, monitor quality control and best practice adherence
- Understand customer requirements and create project implementation plans
- Responsible for second level support technicians to assist in the diagnosis and resolution of customer outages and chronic customer problems. This includes taking the lead on crisis calls.
- Hands-on experience supporting multi-vendor platform (Cisco, Juniper, etc.), configuring routers, firewalls and switches, and troubleshooting networks
- Comprehensive understanding of IP and associated routing protocols
- Understanding of current WAN topologies and proven implementation of these networks
- Experience with network security technologies and solutions, ensuring security and integrity
- Responsible for developing daily/monthly/quarterly reports for senior management and customer review on the performance of network services
- Your team will support all corporate LAN technologies, VoIP, wireless, Server & Desktop, Printers, Telephone, Applications to Onsite and Remote users
- Collaborate with carriers in Meet-me rooms: (Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, etc.) on problem diagnosis, design and new technologies
- 4 year College degree in computer/network related field
- 5 -8 years in a managerial / supervisory role
- Current knowledge and understanding of Network Protocols (TCP/IP, frame relay, VPN, SSL BGP, EIGRP, ISIS)
- Working knowledge of security products such as firewalls, IPS, Virus software
- Thorough understanding of data center best practices and cabling standards
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- The ability to work well in a team environment or independently with minimal supervision
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft & Apple desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SQL DB.
- Working Knowledge of PC Hardware, Server, and software technologies
- Fundamental knowledge of telephony systems.
- Minimum of four years planning and supporting a large Cisco centric network is essential
- CCNA and CCNP required
- CCIE or CISSP preferred
- BICSI Certification a plus
- MCSE Certification a plus
Please send resumes to email@example.com ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 14228882 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://www.pkaza.com/jobs/
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals as well.
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Pkaza, LLC is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.