Diesel Mechanic - Power Generation Systems - Corpus Christi
We are looking for an experienced Generator Field Service Mechanic who is capable of overhauling large engines, with a particular focus on head and piston removal / replacement. This position will require regional travel so a valid driver’s license is a must. Candidate will also have to pass a background check as some customers that the position will be supporting will require a background check to enter the site.
- Heavy repair of standby power equipment to include both electrical and mechanical systems and maintenance a complete inspection of the control panels as needed
- Diagnose / troubleshoot, disassemble engines and examine parts for defects and excessive wear
- Repair and Service for both routine and emergency service on a variety of state of the art critical systems such as: diesel generators, gaseous generators, etc
- Troubleshoot and work independently onsite at customer’s location
- Mechanical and Electrical maintenance to include greasing bearings, changing hydraulic oil and filters and clutches
- Will also be required to replacing electrical components such as relays and sensors when needed.
- Read and review single line diagrams / wiring diagrams
- Work on a flexible work schedule, work on call as needed and respond to emergency calls as needed
- Maintain a constant state of readiness
- Create field service reports, complete site checklists required during the annual maintenance
- 5+ years experience working on large diesel and nature generators; generator operations / maintenance / repair experience
- Previous experience servicing: CAT / Caterpillar ; Cummins ; Generac ; Kohler
- Formal training / Certificate and experience from a tech school, apprenticeship, Military, or community college a plus
- Client Facing / Customer Service Experience
- Punctual and service driven
- Clean driving record
- Strong communications skills
- Willingness to travel
- Be able to work flexible hours when needed
- Travel to outside region if needed to other Texas regions
Please send any interests or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 13537919 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, http://jobs.pkaza.com
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post.
We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance and a 401(k) plan.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Peter Kazella & Associates Inc / Pkaza is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate