This opportunity is with a leading mission-critical data center developer / wholesaler / colo provider. This firm provides data center solutions custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical operational facilities. They provide reliability of mission-critical facilities for many of the world's largest organizations
Procurement Director – Data Center Colo
- The individual will be autonomous with respect to driving equipment submittals from cradle to grave of the product(s) assigned to her / him.
- Individual will be a self-starter and with the ability to manage multiple single line diagrams, product specifications and driving OFCI Equipment submittals to closure (approval).
- Successfully candidate will understand RFIs and RFQs for the sourcing of equipment for low voltage switchgear, medium switchgear, transformers, electrical skids, and other data center equipment systems as needed
- Serve as a liaison between our supply chain partners to manage Engineering change orders, lead-times and costs are managed and communicated properly.
- Analyze project schedules for on-site equipment delivery dates to maintain and execute the Materials Requirement Plan (MRP) to support a project
- Obtaining and analyze vendors quotes, change order and submittals
- Support Finance / Accounting with invoicing issues
- Drive project-level tasks and milestones assigned by the project management team
- Scheduling start-up and commissioning support services from the vendors
- Maintain and develop supplier relationships
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure clarity of the specifications and operational requirements
- Work with the Finance to ensure all purchases have appropriately been costed to a project
- Coordinate the approval and release of the necessary equipment per construction schedule
- Negotiate best-landed price with primary and secondary vendors, as applicable
- Support the negotiation of complex requests for equipment and services from suppliers and subcontractors
- Manage and support equipment inventory planning efforts and forecasting
- Bachelor of Science in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience, is required
- 5, or more, years of experience in a supply chain role is required
- Data Center or industrial equipment experience is strongly preferred
- Aptitude to learn quickly and drive things to closure is required
- Strong business acumen with a strong commercial background is required
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques is required
Qualified candidates can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 13399008 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and also see all of our critical facility openings at: https://jobs.pkaza.com
If this job is not for you, feel free to forward this along. WE PAY FOR REFERRALS!!
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, medical insurance and a 401(k) plan
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Peter Kazella & Associates Inc / Pkaza is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by the employer that we represent and not by the candidate.