This opportunity is with a leading provider of mission-critical equipment and services. This firm provides a complete product line of data center equipment that are custom-fit to the requirements of their client's mission-critical facilities.
Senior Estimator - Data Center Construction - NYC
- Also looking for qualified Estimators in Chicago, Seattle, Dallas, and other locations!
- Prepare and review Price and Cost Proposals / Specifications, drawings or customer requests to determine equipment requirements.
- Prepare and review the scope specified within the proposal to ensure it includes appropriate scope
- Prepare price work up sheets to accurately determine costs and profits
- Review the labor rates to ensure accordance to the contract specifications and check labor productivity to ensure hours allotted are appropriate to minimize working restrictions, overtime, etc.
- Prepare and review the material pricing and validate against other pricing references, acquire material quotes when possible
- Prepare and review pre-purchased material or equipment and/or equipment rental rates against fair and reasonable pricing references
- Review contractor mark-ups to ensure that the correct mark-ups are being used and that any mark-up caps are not exceeded
- Assist with the Preparation of Sales Proposals
- Assist in sales strategy for proposals
- Interface with Project Managers regarding project requirements
- Will participate in the negotiation meeting with subcontractors
- Develop cost estimates from the engineering drawings; proactively identify deficiencies and/or questions; and actively assist the project team toward the answers
- Prepare and review material take-offs from contract documents and drawings
- Prepare conceptual and cost study estimates from preliminary sketches
- Accumulate, evaluate and document historical cost data for the development of future estimates
- Experience with Construction Services for Large Buildings / Facilities a Must
- Electrical / Mechanical Systems background
- Excellent customer service skills
- Capable of Multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- MS Office Skills to include: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Construction
- 5-10 years of experience in performing Cost Estimates, Reviewing Contractor's Price and Cost Proposals for major engineering and construction projects
- Heavy Construction Projects experience is preferred
- Experience with Construction Estimation Software (Timberline, CMIC, etc)
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
( resume at pkaza dot com ) with 12553693 in the subject. After applying, if you have further questions, you may call 973-895-5200 and ask for Iggy. You can also submit via our career portal and take a look at other Critical Facility openings we are working on at, https://jobs.pkaza.com
If you are in Data Center Facilities but this opportunity is not what you are looking for let’s still talk. New openings are coming in weekly and others we are not allowed to post. We also not only keep leads confidential but pay for referrals
Company offers competitive salaries and benefits package including medical insurance, a 401(k) plan.
EOE/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Peter Kazella & Associates Inc / Pkaza is a third party employment firm. All fees assessed by Pkaza will be paid by our employer that we represent and not by the candidate.